Designed and hand-built (by Mario) in Canada.
- JENSEN™ transformers inside
- Dual channel (stereo) solution
- Converts unbalanced ↔ balanced
- Isolates amp simulator pedal outputs
- Isolates balanced/unbalanced signals
- Splits or sums mono or stereo signals
- Splitter for 3 amps, interface or mixer
- Eliminates ground loop hum and noise
- Balanced/long-line (up to 330ft./100m)
- 100% passive, requires no power supply
If you’re using an amp simulator pedal such as the Boss IR-2 or IR-200, Line 6 HX, Strymon Iridium, UA Dream/Lion/Ruby/Woodrow, or Walrus ACS1... then the IsoFormer™ DUO should be your first choice for both isolating and interfacing your sim, from and to, the front-of-house. Since the DUO is not a DI box, its balanced output signal(s) are not padded (down) so less or no gain will be needed at the console. Always play confidently knowing that the DUO's JENSEN™ transformers and ground lift will ensure your tone is at its absolute best and totally hum-free.
With a dual mono or stereo input, use both isolated outputs (OUT/1 and OUT/2) for dual mono or stereo, or just the OUT/2 for a summed output, and just the OUT/1 for a true mono output (from INPUT/1).
The DUO can split your mono signal between three amps, or two amps and an audio interface or mixer, without any ground loop hum and noise. And, the included PHASE push-button ensures you'll never have a phase cancellation issue (which results in a sound that can be described as hollow, thin, not as loud, lacking low end or fullness).
Use either or both of the THRU jacks, at the same time as the two OUT jacks, to 'split and output' a mono, dual mono, or stereo signal that is derived directly from i.e. in parallel to, the INPUT jacks, to another destination device or even a second DUO.
With the DUO at the end of your pedalboard's signal chain, and a pair of IsoFormer™ RCV in front of your amps, you can send a stereo guitar signal via ¼" TRS balanced cables over very long distances (up to 330ft. / 100m) with excellent noise immunity — ensuring the tone reaching the distant amps is absolutely flawless and noise-free.
The buttons, input, and output jacks are decisively arranged so the DUO can serve as the pedalboard's super compact output interface/patch-box, freeing up valuable real estate for effect pedals.
See our FAQ Page for AXESS' history with JENSEN™ Transformers, and balanced guitar audio and Eddie Van Halen.
- The DUO is completely passive and does not need a power supply.
- Housed in a rugged; 122.3 x 66.6 x 39.6mm (4.81 x 2.62 x 1.56in.) die-cast aluminum enclosure.