RX1™ Rack Router/Switcher
The RX1 is a 1U rack space device jam-packed with 24 functions and it’s been designed unlike any other relay based router/switcher. Most companies decide on a price and a set number of functions (eight seems to be very common, and limiting) even before it has been designed, then they see what they can fit/manufacture into their predetermined parameters, which usually requires cutting corners. Not the RX1, it was designed with reliability, flexibility, low noise, sonic transparency and real solutions to common grounding problems, as required by professional touring guitarists and their tech’s, then priced reasonably like all Axess Electronics’ products.
- Relays with gold-plated contacts are used to route all (except the A/B switching amplifier outputs) audio signals with no tone coloration and/or degradation.
- The first relay based router/switcher to provide quasi click-free audio switching without all the tone coloration of series inter-connected optical switches that are found in some other audio controllers.
- Laser cut, punched & engraved 0.104" thick stainless steel front panel provides a unique look and improved grounding/shielding capabilities.
- 0.064" thick aluminum with a clear alodine plated finish provides for a strong, lightweight chassis (and cover) with superior shielding than other aluminum finishes.
- Constructed using three double-sided circuit boards with plated through holes, ground & power planes, PCB mounted Neutrik 1/4" jacks and 27 machine screws (for securing the circuit boards to the chassis) ensures years of reliable use & peak performance while on countless world tours.