BS23™ Guitar Audio Buffer/Splitter
Sale Sold Out
Regular Price $169.00 USD
Regular PriceUnit Price per
This is a Pre-Order for the last batch of BS2's.
- A hand-built/signed (by Mario) release of the Axess Electronics™ BS2 Guitar Audio Buffer/Splitter, one of the first off-the-shelf buffers ever available - and used by countless pros like EVH, Alex Lifeson, Brad Paisley, Jeff Schroeder, and many, many more...
- These will be manufactured using the final handful of N. O. S. gold-plated printed circuits boards from the last full-scale BS2 production run (~2009), and the circuit's been tweaked to Axess' modern/2023 specs, resulting in an even more natural sounding guitar audio buffer experience.
- Housed in a rugged 4.81 x 2.62 x 1.54inch / 122.3 x 66.6 x 39.1mm plus 0.03inch / 0.8mm (thickness of the laser engraved acrylic plate) diecast aluminum enclosure for years of reliable use.
- Just like the original, the BS23 prevents the loss of (1) signal level (2) low end punch, and (3) high end frequency response, due to cable capacitance and the poorly designed input stage/circuitry of some effect pedals.
- The buffer circuit is an ultra high quality Op-Amp based design that's both low-noise and MUSICAL! Though nothing is transparent - the BS23 sounds and feels very natural.
- Three outputs allow a guitar to feed a tuner, noise gate key, and multiple effect pedals into an amp, or even two or three amps, without any signal loss or tonal degradation.
- These three outputs are connected in parallel and one is transformer isolated to prevent any ground loop hum/noise when driving two amplifiers.
- The transformer isolated output is equipped with a phase flip switch to prevent phase issues when driving two or three amplifiers.
- Powered with 9VDC via a 2.1 x 5.5mm barrel plug with a negative centre pin (like Boss pedals) and the current draw is less than 100mA (adapter not included).
Transformer isolating the 'SPLIT' output jack allows driving three amps without ground loop hum/noise issues (in most situations).